Frequently Asked Questions
About My Order
- How do I place an order?" When you find a product you would like to purchase indicate the desired quantity and click the “add to cart” button to place the item in your shopping cart. You can modify quantities of each item in the cart (make sure to click “update” to apply changes) or click the “x” in the rightmost column to delete an item from the cart. When you have finished shopping click the “checkout” button to complete your purchase.
- "Is online shopping secure?" All online orders are placed through our secure server using 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. Using your credit card to place an order is generally safer than using your credit card in a store or over the phone since your credit card number is never seen by a human.
- "I don't like ordering online. Can I order by phone or pay by check/money order?" Ordering online is safe and secure thanks to our 128 bit SSL encryption. Your credit card number is never seen by anyone. However, if you feel more comfortable ordering via telephone or FAX, we are happy to oblige. If you would like to mail a check or money order for your purchase we will generally ship your order seven business days after receipt of your payment.
- "What are your payment options?" We accept all major credit and debit cards, (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) as well as PayPal and checks drawn on U.S. banks.
- "Do I have to pay sales tax?" Items delivered to a North Carolina address are subject to sales tax.
- "What are your shipping rates?" We ship via Fed Ex Ground/Residential using a tiered structure at the moment. Fed Ex has changed their system requirements for using their real time rate system and we are in the process of undertaking their approval process so that we can offer real-time rates again in the near future.
- "Do you ship to international addresses?" Not at this time.
- "How do I send a gift to another address?" Simply enter an alternate shipping address when asked during the checkout process, that’s all!
- "Can I ship to Alaska/Hawaii?" You sure can, we use USPS Priority Mail. However, there will be a $3.00 surcharge.
- "Can I ship to an APO/FPO?" Yes! All shipments to APO/FPO will be sent via USPS Priority. Due to rate structures these shipments incur a $3.00 surcharge.
- "How do I use a gift card?" It’s as simple as entering the code from the gift card in the appropriate field at checkout.
About The Tea